His Majesty's Auxiliary Troopship Shropshire
This ship with the same name as our wartime heavy cruiser HMAS Shropshire, was built in 1911 as a Federal Steam Navigation Company Ltd of London ship in UK. She was 8,130 tons, and in WW1 was requisitioned along with othe British ships and a few captured enemy vessels to transport members of AIF overseas.
The ship was under the control of the Commonwealth of Australia until the 5th. Of August 1917.
On the 20th. Of March 1915, she sailed out of Melbourne carrying the 4th. Reinforcements of the 14th. Battalion AIF ( Victoria) 4 th Infantry Brigade.
Badge of the 14th. Battalion AIF.